Links to Resources
School Wide Behaviour Systems
Positive Behaviourial Interventions and Support site
Code of Conduct Sample
Safe, Caring and Orderly Schools: A Guide
Safe, Caring and Orderly Schools: Ministry Resources
About Safe, Caring & Orderly Schools
BUILDING BLOCKS OF SAFE, CARING AND ORDERLY SCHOOLS
(Relating to development and implementation of Codes of Conduct)
In an orderly school…
- A school-wide program is in place to help maintain a positive climate in all aspects of school life
- Clear expectations for acceptable conduct are established in each school
- Codes of conduct reflect the values and expectations described in school board policy
- Codes of Conduct are developed with participation from parents, students, teachers, school administrators and other school support staff.
- Expectations for acceptable conduct are made known to students, parents and school staff as well as to temporary staff and visitors.
- Behavioural expectations outlined in codes of conduct are consistently taught and actively promoted. Responses to unacceptable behaviour are based consistently on sound principles and are appropriate to the context.
- Relevant data are used as procedures are reviewed and revised
- Codes of conduct are reviewed and improved in light of evidence gathered and/or relevant research, and are revisited as a part of a regular cycle of policy review
For further information:
Safe, Caring and Orderly Schools
B.C. Ministry of Education 2004
For support in developing a code of conduct and school-wide positive behaviour support, contact your District Behaviour Consultant.
Last modified: Wednesday, 17 September 2014, 11:25 AM